After looking through Google searches, Etsy, and Pinterest, I designed and made my own crochet hook
case. I’d found several online that were close to what I wanted, but the bulk-made ones always seem cheap, and never seemed to hold more than 20 hooks. While that volume isn’t an issue for me now, I strongly suspect it will be in the future. I already have 18 (that I’ve found so far… still unpacking sewing stuff), and I’m missing so many sizes! Plus, I really want to complete my set of Clover Amour Hooks… with the wider, grippy handle, they’re so much nicer to crochet with, especially in the smaller hook sizes.
So, yesterday I sat down with some graph paper, an idea of what I wanted in a case, and drew myself up some directions! A $60 trip to Joann’s (there were also several impulse buys… like a cake pan, and the Clover Chibi with darning needles (clear green) I’ve had my eye on), and I’d picked out the fabric and materials I would need! The ironing/cutting/sewing took about four or five hours, including threading the loose thread ends back in between layers of the case – I hate stubby thread ends sticking out all over! Of course, being a horrible blogger, I realized halfway into sewing my case that I hadn’t taken any in-progress photos, figured oh well, too late now, and kept sewing without getting out the camera. The case ended up varying a little from the original design, both with slight differences in the original size, and also in the way it fastens shut.