So I got a little plant-happy when I started moving my sunflower starts to their designated spot in one of my raised beds… and planted everything. Even seedlings-to-be that hadn’t even sprouted yet. I have plant markers in some of the squares that I pulled out of my seedling trays, but the squares that aren’t marked won’t be an issue since I’ve got the plans I drew up weeks ago. I also stapled twine across the beds to mark out my square foot sections for planting.
The guides I made worked well for getting spacing right, although I found that I lose at least one plant space on each of the corner squares due to the 4″x4″ piece of cedar I used for the corner supports.