Weekends have been very busy lately – my dad and his fiance are coming to stay with us one night this coming weekend, so I decided that the guest room must be painted first. It was just as awful a color/paint job as my sewing room was, and it took two coats of shellac-based primer (horrible stuff to use, it felt like I was trying to breathe through an alcohol wipe), and two coats of “paint+primer” to cover up the blue, after sanding the edges of the metallic silver stripes running around the room so that the edges of the stripes wouldn’t show through my light green color.
I plan to store the futon in “couch” position when it’s not needed as a guest bed, and we still need to get closet doors, put the blind back, and such, but it’s quite an improvement!
I’ve also decided I’m a huge fan of the walking presser foot I have for my sewing machine. I outlined the flower in the photo on the right on my machine, and thanks to the walking presser foot, nothing tried to shift around, and the top layer fed evenly with the bottom layer. However, I am not a fan of the machine repair shop that tuned up my vintage (1966) Singer Touch and Sew machine before my mom gave it to me several years ago… It’s taken quite a while,
but the 25W bulb that they installed in the machine instead of the 15W bulb it is supposed to use, has melted much of the socket casing and the plastic that covers the bulb. Looks like the part is still made, so I guess it’s time to find a new repair shop, or order the part and see if I can fix it myself. I want to get my immediate works in progress finished before taking my machine anywhere – though Destin was teasing me that maybe I need a second sewing machine for backup. At least it still works without a light!