I shared the picture of the melted light assembly on my sewing machine a couple of weeks ago, and this week I finally got around to ordering the part. I found several after-market parts, but for roughly the same price, I was able to find an actual vintage part for my machine, so I wouldn’t have to mess with soldering any wires. I found the part here. I was a little depressed looking at the site, realizing that my wonderful 1966 Singer sewing machine seems to be worth more disassembled and scrapped for parts than it is as a working whole unit. With my machine reassembled, it’s time to get back to sewing!
This week I’ve been back at knitting the baby blanket I’m working on, since I realized that the baby I’m knitting it for is due next month. As in June. Whoops, time to get those needles moving! I also came across some absolutely adorable yarn on the Hobby Lobby website, where I bought the yarn for the blanket I’m currently making. The colors are “Monkey Red Twist” and “Monkey Brown Twist“… Striped with white, I feel a sock monkey blanket coming on!
|This color striping, without a gray border, and done in the zig-zag pattern of the blanket I’m currently working on.|
This week, I was able to get card stock with divider tabs laminated for my day planner, and I ordered some Filofax inserts for it, though I still haven’t decided on a Filofax binder. I got the idea from Bowl Full of Lemons, and I like how it turned out. Now I just need to get my hands on a label maker! The sticky tabs I bought seem to work well for this purpose, but they’re paper rather than the plastic that the Post It Tabs are, so I’m not sure how well they’d hold up without lamination. Also, the color is only printed on one side, so I double-sided the tabs before laminating the sheet.
Last weekend, I also finally planted my succulents, that have been sitting on my kitchen windowsill in their little two-inch pots for months. The new pots are much more attractive, and hopefully the plants will like having some more space to spread their roots!