Or, Hot Water Heater Round II. We did finally conquer it, and were able to enjoy warm showers on Friday night. I called out of work again on Friday to help install the new hot water heater (plus, going to work Friday without having had access to warm water since Wednesday night? Yuck!)
After letting the remaining sub-floor dry all night Thursday (and bleaching the moldy bits we couldn’t cut out), I soaked a couple coats of Kilz primer into the exposed edges of the old sub-floor. Destin cut a new piece of sub-floor to match the jigsaw-puzzle-piece we’d cut out of the floor, and got that installed.
For good measure, Kilz was applied to that as well, and Destin filled in the cracks with the remaining sub-floor adhesive he’d used under the piece (in addition to about half a box of screws – that flooring is going nowhere!) The older sub-floor was left exposed to make sure it had dried completely – we’ll coat that whole area with a layer of primer once we figure out what we’re doing for new flooring and pull the hot water heater to do that.
Destin got the new hot water heater installed – hooray, no leaks! – and we finally got our warm showers!
Monkey very much approved of the box from the new hot water heater, and I think Destin nearly lost a finger poking it in one of the hand-holds while she was in the box.
Saturday was a little more relaxed – pumpkin picking, and I finally got the Red Riding Hood cape done for a coworker!
Saturday afternoon, we went pumpkin picking at Scholz Farm, and ended up with four pumpkins and a bundle of corn stalks. Unfortunately, I didn’t find a pumpkin I liked that also looked like it would be big enough to stick Monkey in for laughs, but there’s always next year! I think in the photo above, we only ended up keeping two or three of those four pumpkins… I like to grab a pumpkin, and then wander around, swapping it out if I find one I like better 🙂
I’m looking forward to carving our pumpkins next weekend!